The Detroit Masonic Temple is the world's largest Masonic Temple. Located in the Cass Corridor, the building serves as a home to various masonic organizations including the York Rite Sovereign College of North America. The 4,404-seat Masonic Temple Theater is a venue for concerts, Broadway shows, and other special events in the Detroit Theater District. Architect George Mason designed the theater which contains a 55-foot-by-100-foot stage. Detroit Masonic Temple was designed in the neo-gothic architectural style, using a great deal of limestone. The cornerstone was placed on September 19, 1922 using the same trowel that George Washington had used to set the cornerstone of the United States Capitol in Washington D.C.. The building was dedicated on Thanksgiving Day, 1926. The building contains 14 floors, is 210 ft (64 m) tall and has 1037 rooms inside. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Much of the stone, plaster and metal work in the interior of the building was designed and executed by neo-gothic architectural style, Corrado Parducci. The three figures over the main entrance were by Leo Friedlander while the rest of the considerable architectural sculpture on the exterior was by Bill Gehrke.